EFPRO - An initiative in the pulp and paper research field
The Association of European Fibre and Paper Research Organisation - EFPRO
- is an independent non-profit organisation founded 2006,
- is aiming at
- promoting and represent the interest of organisations in Europe active in research in the area of wood fibre processing
- providing a forum for its members
- establishing a close network between its members to increase the efficiency of European fibre and paper related research
and by this contributing
- to the development of the knowledge-based society,
- to maintain and extend Europe`s technological leadership,
- to the competitiveness and the sustainability of the European natural fibre based sector and
- to meet society´s needs for social cohesion and environmental compatibility.
The benefit of membership in EFPRO comes through
- Enhanced visibility of the wood-fibre and paper research community.
- Joint forces to promote the interest on research matters, like representation within the Forest-based Sector Technology Platform.
- Services for the mobilisation of resources for R&D, like information on calls for proposals of European or multi-national programmes, advice for proposal preparation and project management.
- Communication between members and with partnering organisations in industry and research community within the forest-based sector, e.g. in conferences on research topics.
- Networking and promotion of early-stage researchers in Europe.